Introduction to Firearms Licences in Canada

If you possess firearms or buy ammunition, you MUST have a Firearms Licence.

"Acquiring" a firearm includes buying, inheriting, renting, borrowing, getting one as a gift, or working with your employer's guns

If you want to do any of the above, you need to do the safety course(s) and pass the exam(s) and get a Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL).

The Canadian Firearms Safety Course gives a day of firearms training that focuses on basic gun safety.

Only certified instructors can teach the course and administer the exam. Some instructors are also certified to teach provincial hunting courses as well.

It is a basic course designed for people who have no firearms knowledge.

All students, even those with considerable previous firearms experience, report that they learnt something new and that the training was worthwhile.

The combined long gun and handguns course takes most of a weekend.

After passing the test, you complete and send in a licence application.

We have successfully run this program with a wide range of students, from complete novices to experienced shooters.
The vast majority of our course students go on to pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course exam.

Where? When? Cost? Contact Links